Friday, March 7, 2014

Copycat the Cool Way #1

I have noticed a lot of fashionistas and beauty gurus that have been following me. First of all, welcome. You should know that I am by no means a fashion expert. I also don’t want this to be a fashion blog. However, this is about real girl problems. And the problem at hand is that not everyone has the wardrobe of a supermodel. That being said, I like to dress nicely, but in a way that is appropriate for a school setting.  My mom never let me go out in public with sweatpants, and that went from a rule to a lifestyle. I went to a high school with a uniform, so there was not much room for creativity and expression. Now that I’m in university, I have been able to expand my wardrobe. I also have a brilliant system. When I see an outfit I like in a magazine or blog, I cut it out/screenshot it. Then I go through my closets to see if I have any clothes similar to the picture. If I do, I stick it on a bulletin board in my room. If I don’t, I put it in a folder and the pictures act like a checklist for shopping. It has worked really well for me so far. I actually hate shopping (please don’t hurt me), so if I go in with a goal in mind, it takes much less time and hassle. I think my system is real-girl oriented. So starting today and following every Friday (hopefully), I will be posting my outfits of the week (most likely school days only), and I will show you what I am copying. I’ll give you a shout-out if I took it from your blog!

Monday- This is one of my shortest days at school, so I like to keep it comfy. I also didn’t pick out my outfit the night before, so I didn’t have a ton of time to think about what I was going to wear. That also means that it has no comparison. I thought of it all by myself!





















The leggings, boot, and t-shirt are all from Old Navy. The belt I took off of my graduation dress from the Bay. The shirt is vintage! It was my mom’s when she was in high school.

Tuesday- This happened to be a rather cold day, and when I was walking home, some snow got into my boots and my ankles froze. But anyway, I tell you that I have a great system, and I don’t even use it this week. I recently got these leggings because they were on sale, and I have been dying to find an outfit to wear with them. So in the wee hours of last night (when all my best ideas happen), I finally figured it out. The leggings are also one size bigger, so there is a lot of extra room in them. But hey, extra comfy! Plus, I love the sock monkey stuff.





















The boots, jacket, and button up are from Old Navy. The leggings are from Roots.

Wednesday- Finally, I get to show off how I usually style myself! I took this idea from Sincerely,Jules, and I really liked it. Please excuse my pants. I’m short, but I have big thighs and a big butt. So pants and me don’t always work out. They are always way too long! I always end up rolling them up. Clearly, this outfit is not an exact match. That’s what my system is about. I get inspiration from other places and use the clothes I own to make it work for me. I’m glad I finally had the chance to wear my Walk Off the Earth t-shirt with an outfit. Also, today was Ash Wednesday, so I have ashes on my forehead.









































Boots and jeans are from Old Navy. The vest is from American Eagle. I got my t-shirt at a Walk off the Earth concert (best concert I have ever been to by the way).

Thursday- I had quite the busy day, so I forgot to take a picture (I’m not very good at getting into a routine). I took this Friday night after my shower because that’s when I remembered. I got this outfit idea from Seersucker& Saddles (not that this is the post from which I found the outfit, not that post in which the outfit was originally posted), which is a blog that I have been following for quite some time now. I respect this woman so much. And she always looks fantastic! I wore the same boots and jeans type thing as yesterday, so I did not both to show that part today. Also, I had some troubles looking for the outfit on my laptop and I ended up using the old screenshot from my phone.

























The shirt and jeans (and not seen boots) are from Old Navy. The jacket is from Target.

Friday- It was a onesie day. I decided to not go to school and sleep in so I do not have an outfit today
.
Nails of the Week- I’m not going to be fancy, but I pretty much always have my nails painted. I do not have massive hands. It is a mini bottle. I got a few seasonal mini collections for Christmas.




















Colour is You Don’t Know Jacques! By OPI.

So how was your week?

-Daniella