Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Fitness Journey - Reboot

My last fitness thing did NOT last long. I was genuinely trying for a while, but I’m not good at routine. I faltered and then I gave up. I’m working on that aspect of my life. After that, I had a bit of a wakeup call. I’ve mentioned my problems with my tonsils in a previous post. Well, I went to my doctor to see if I can get them out, and I was told that I need to lose 40lbs. I was told that being overweight puts me at a greater risk for complication during surgery. I was told that “I would be hard-pressed to find a doctor that would be willing to work on me since they would be too worried about doing a good job.”

As you can imagine, this threw me for a loop. I barely made it into the car before I started crying. I was told to eat a low-fat diet and come back in a couple weeks. The problem is that I don’t eat a high-fat diet. My problem is that I binge-eat and I often don’t eat lunch. I got the support of family and friends. My mom and I started the 21 Day Fix diet. That was NOT good for me. I was putting so much pressure on myself to stick to a plan that was totally different from what I was used to. I started getting worked up to the point where I had a panic attack. It was scary, and I am very thankful that I was on Skype with Matt when it happened. I stopped that diet (and became anti-diet soon after).

Since then, the mental health aspect of this weight loss has improved. I’ve fallen off track in the past few weeks, but I’m not letting it get me down. I’m trying to making healthier choices. I want to eat more protein and learn to cook healthier meals on a daily basis. For the activity side, I’m getting into walks with my dad after dinner and I got a hot yoga membership with a friend. I’m slowly getting into this. I’ve realized that this isn’t even about the 40lbs anymore. I need to think of the future. I want to be able to run around with my kids!



Let's consider this my reboot. This is where I am now, and I’m sharing it all. 


MONTH ONE

Weight
224 lbs.
Neck
37.5 cm.
Left Arm
41.5 cm.
Right Arm
43 cm.
Waist
97 cm.
Belly
122.5 cm.
Hips
128 cm.
Left Thigh
78 cm.
Right Thigh
78 cm.
Left Calf
47 cm.
Right Calf
41.5 cm.














If you have an tips or similar experiences, please let me know in the comments. I know I'm not the only person who has this experience. If we can work together, we can only make each other stronger.

-Daniella