Sunday, June 4, 2017

My Fitness Journey - Month Two

 I didn’t want to write this. Why? Because I was expecting great things. I was so proud of myself for the things I have done this past month. I stayed on schedule. I did a ton of walking while I was travelling. I expected to lose weight. Yesterday, I got on the scale and discovered that I gained two pounds. After that, I didn’t want to write a post. I felt so strongly about that that I ended up not posting on the usual Saturday. The thing is, I knew I had gained weight. I haven’t been working out at all the past couple of weeks. I also haven’t been eating healthy whatsoever because I haven’t been home. This was all on me.



However, this month wasn’t all a was


te. I’ve had two major fitness wins. One was on a 12km hike I did through the Yorkshire Dales. Google it. It’s all hills. I did a hike like this about a year ago and barely made it through. It was so bad that Matt was actually worrying about if I could make it this time around. I nailed that hike. I struggled just as much as the other two and that wasn’t a lot. The other major win is that I recently did my major distance swim for lifeguarding. Normally, I feel like I’m going to pass out at the end. This time, I did not feel like that. Although I wasn’t particularly fast at these two activities, I knew that my overall health had improved.


MONTH ONE

Weight
224 lbs.
Neck
37.5 cm.
Left Arm
41.5 cm.
Right Arm
43 cm.
Waist
97 cm.
Belly
122.5 cm.
Hips
128 cm.
Left Thigh
78 cm.
Right Thigh
78 cm.
Left Calf
47 cm.
Right Calf
41.5 cm.
MONTH TWO

Weight
226 lbs.
Neck
37.5 cm.
Left Arm
42.5 cm.
Right Arm
40 cm.
Waist
98 cm.
Belly
121 cm.
Hips
132 cm.
Left Thigh
73.5 cm.
Right Thigh
72 cm.
Left Calf
47 cm.
Right Calf
45.5 cm.













I now realize how much losing weight is a mental game. It’s really hard to get yourself in the right mindset. Now, I had one great thing happen. For the most part, my measurements are the same. I’m measuring myself (you’re not supposed to), so a few centimetres here and there probably mean I’ve gone wrong down the line. So there I was measuring myself. I start at the top and go down. Nothing has really changed. I was a little disappointed about my hips but whatever. Then I get to my thighs. I measured twice on both legs to make sure the numbers were accurate. It may be a small difference, but it means that what I’m doing is working. I put together the collage below to see if I can notice a difference. Right now, it’s not much. But if it feels this good to change just a little, it will give me the push I need to keep going.


This month, I’m getting a gym membership. I’m also going to be swimming once my pool opens, and I’ve already picked back up on my healthy eating. I am going to push myself this month. 

-Daniella

P.S. I’m going to try and get better at taking pictures, okay? And sorry about the formatting of the charts - I don't know how to fix it.