Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My Fitness Journey - Month Three

When I get around the date of my monthly check in, I tend to find myself looking for ways my body has changed. I convince myself I’ve done a good job. When it comes to the measurement time, I have to be honest with myself. What have I really done to help myself? How well have I really been eating? This past month, I’ve been more active because I’ve been on my feet a lot more. However, I wasn’t doing real work outs. I also didn’t eat all that well. Better than the previous month, but still not good. The two pound loss comes from being more active. That loss on my left arm is definitely some kind of fluke, but I did measure twice.

MONTH TWO

Weight
226 lbs.
Neck
37.5 cm.
Left Arm
42.5 cm.
Right Arm
40 cm.
Waist
98 cm.
Belly
121 cm.
Hips
132 cm.
Left Thigh
73.5 cm.
Right Thigh
72 cm.
Left Calf
47 cm.
Right Calf
45.5 cm.
MONTH THREE

Weight
224 lbs.
Neck
37 cm.
Left Arm
38 cm.
Right Arm
42 cm.
Waist
97 cm.
Belly
119 cm.
Hips
130 cm.
Left Thigh
73 cm.
Right Thigh
71.5 cm.
Left Calf
47 cm.
Right Calf
44.5 cm.















Ready for my fitness win? I passed my lifeguard swimming test for the first time without feeling like I’m going to die in the end. The standard is 400m in 10 minutes. I got it with about 10 seconds to spare. It’s not a great time by any means, but I didn’t feel awful at the end. I feel fantastic about that small win. I know I wrote about this last month, but I did it again and that’s where it came from.


Like I said last month, I got a gym membership. I’ve slowly been getting into it. I’m certainly not about to become a gym rat. My goal is to go every other day. I can tell you right now that I already haven’t been great. I was supposed to go tonight, but things got busy (excuses are bad, I know). I’ve also been eating better. I’m making conscious choices about what I’m eating and tracking my food.


I’ve realized that I have approximately zero arm strength. I can do three push ups. THREE! I’m so disappointed in that. I will get better! Every month seems to have small victories. That’s all that matters right? 


-Daniella