Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites - March 2018

New rule for myself: If the only thing in my “recents” bar in Microsoft Word is lesson plans, I’m in trouble. Exercise patience with me, friends; I’m still trying to get a grip on this “adult” thing – balance and all that. But never mind – it is the end of the month, and what a month it has been! I’ve been teaching my buns off (and learning a lot in the process), discovering new things, and celebrating myself turning 23 (woop woop!). Here is a glimpse into the past month:

1.       My Birthday


Anyone who really knows me knows that birthdays aren’t my thing. I’m not into celebrating, I don’t comment on Facebook for birthdays, and I don’t really tell people. However, I managed to celebrate in the most low-key way. I accidentally told my mentor at work, so they did buy me treats and sing to me (my least favourite part), but I actually liked it because it was simple. That night, I went out for dinner with a few friends where I got a free cocktail and was put on their Instagram page (go follow @juno_lounge). I also watched the Bee Movie for the first time, and I want to know why more people aren’t talking about it! It was the perfect birthday for me.

2.       Oat Milk

So I still have acne. It’s a problem. I hate it, and my face hurts. My mum suggested that I stop drinking cow’s milk since dairy is really bad for you. The only issue with that is my allergy. I am allergic to peanuts, nuts, and soy. That is, essentially, all the other milks out there. I did try coconut milk, but I hated it. Then, I discovered Oat Milk. I am OBSESSED with it. I think it makes everything I make taste better from morning cereal to hot chocolate. I’ve been drinking Oatly, but Morrison’s brand is pretty good too. Also, does anyone know if Oat Milk exists in Canada? Editor's note (it's actually just me adding to this after the fact): The website for Oatly is hilarious, the carton is hilarious, and their Twitter feed is hilarious. They deserve to be supported purely based on their online presence. 

3.       Rosy Cheeks Face Mask


Read above to see my thing about acne. I’m a face mask fiend, and I’m always down to try new ones (even when they look like you’re smearing poo all over your face). However, I haven’t found one that really works to clear up acne – including cult favourites at Lush. Recently, I tried Rosy Cheeks from Lush, and it has been working in a different way. Instead of clearing up my skin, it has soothed what is already on my face. Instead of dealing with painful breakouts and red sores, I can ignore it and pick at it a little less. It’s a lot thicker than most masks I’ve tried, and it’s quite sticky, but it smells like roses. Stay tuned for more of my skin saga I guess.

4.       Crazy Ex-Girlfriend


THIS SHOW IS INCREDIBLE. It plays on every character trope out there, it deals with a lot of serious issues that are relevant in today’s society, and (the best part) it’s set out as a musical. My roommate couldn’t get through the first episode because the main character “is completely crazy,” but the warning is in the title. At this moment in time, the show hasn’t been cancelled or renewed, but I’m really hoping for another season!

5.       Visiting Matt


A few weeks ago, I realised I hadn’t really been out of my house for an extended period of time. This was an issue. I wasn’t feeling particularly happy at the end of the month. So, I visited Matt. I’m still here, and this has been a wonderful trip. His mum and grandma took me to Chesterfield, and there was a little café that was completely safe for me to eat at allergy wise (is this post allergy themed or what?). It has been a perfect getaway.

Well there was my March! It was eventful and full of trying new things and I quite enjoyed the big moments. I know it’s the beginning of April, but I haven’t done anything of note yet, so this post still counts.

How was your March? What was your favourite part?

Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav