Skip to main content

November in Pictures


Hello everyone! Please exercise patience with me as I attempt to get my work-life balance in check. This week, you will get three of the usual posts. Who knows about the week after? I’m trying as hard as I can.

I was a little worried about this post when I first sat down to write it. I wasn’t sure I had actually been doing enough things to warrant a whole post. The last time I wrote one in August, it was easy because I was out all the time in summer. At the moment, I’m struggling to make it out of the flat because I’m left with marking and chores (and sleeping) on the weekends. However, I was pleasantly surprised at what was on my phone.



I simply had to put up this picture of Heidi, Natalie and I on our night out in Leeds. Back home, we always used to go out together. Since I live so close to all the cool bars, we had to take advantage of it. We danced for THREE hours. It had been about five months since I had a proper night out, and it was very much needed.


Although this is not clear at all, this is a picture of fireworks from Bonfire Night. Matt and I took a long walk up to where we both used to live, went to our favourite restaurant, and watched the fireworks. Three years ago, this was the first night he introduced me to his flatmates who are now good friends of mine. It’s a special night all around.


Although this looks bare now (and you can see my reflection in the window), my Christmas tree is most certainly up! It is so little, and I love it so much. I need to get lights for it, but I am already so pumped for all of the Christmas things to erupt in my little flat!


I went out to the German Christmas Market, and this was the only picture I took! I had a lovely night of mulled wine, chatting, and Christmas tunes with some new work friends. It was a great way to end the week and also get to know some new people.

I think this accidentally turned into a Christmas themed post. Just wait until next month!
This is genuinely all I’ve been up to. It’s not much. I’m really aiming to get a better work-life balance going (any tips?), and part of that is going out on weekends to do fun things. I need to breathe a little more and get work out of my head. I also need to spend more time with Matt!

What have you been up to this month?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav