Skip to main content

February in Pictures

I had a realization when I started looking for my pictures for this post: I need to do more! I’m currently rounding off my half term (teacher perks), so the past week has been full of activity. All pictures but the first came from the past week.  I need to get out more. The good news is, I have something big planned for the next few months. At the moment, June is looking pretty empty, but I’ll sort something out.



I need to take a second to talk about how much I love my job right now. Teaching is hard. I get stressed, I cry, I feel like I’m not good enough. However, I’m getting through it. I’m thriving. It’s the one part of the life where I feel like I’m organized and doing well. Everything around me is falling apart (hence why I had a chore list miles-long to complete on my week off), but work is wonderful. This sunrise before work summarises how happy I have been.



I’m terrible at taking pictures while I’m out. Therefore, you get this sub-par quality, dirty mirror (read above for “everything else in my life falling apart” comment), yellow lighting, tags still on, boots match with my skin (I wore black tights) picture of my going out outfit. My head of department had a little end of half term/housewarming party and it was AMAZING. I feel so lucky to have an amazing group of people around me. To not have friends for most of life to being surrounded by like-minded, welcoming, supportive people is something I do not take for granted.



Brianne just so happened to have the same week off as me, so she took a plane to come see me! She is the one who makes me feel the most like myself. She makes me whole, and I was so happy to invite her into my home and hang out for a week. Since Matt works a normal job, she saved me from being lonely for an entire week.



Yes, we are adults who wear matching pajamas. It started with our annual matching Christmas PJs and has continued throughout our lives. We got these last year in Cardiff, and they remain to be one of my favourite sets. This kind of thing is what we do best. We make big breakfasts, stay in our pajamas for most of the day, and watch a lot of movies. We had a couple days like that and it felt so good to relax.



I think one of my new “doing things” activities needs to be going to the market. It’s so close to where I live and I never take advantage of it on Saturdays. I can get all my produce and eggs there for much cheaper. I got myself some cute succulents (my plants from August's monthly favourites have died). I feel like life would be so much better with fresh bouquets of flowers and a weekly trip to the market.



York is my favourite place in the entire world. I’ve been before, and I’m still going to take everyone there when I get a chance. Matt took the day off work and we took Brianne there. I’ll mention this again soon, but it was so cool to walk along the walls right in the morning. Brianne is really afraid of heights and was very brave the entire time.



I took a picture before we went out! I wanted Brianne to meet my friends. I’m very happy that Claire could come out with us. The night was a bit of a bust because nothing was hopping on a Thursday night (even though I SWEAR the last time I went out on a Thursday it was), but it was still really great for her to meet my friends. We happened to see some other co-workers out as well.



For now, this is was I’ve been doing. I’ve been taking some much needed time to myself and relaxing properly. My skin needs some care, my books need to be read, and I also need to spend some time with Matt!

This post is going up a little earlier than normal, and I’m aware that there’s still a week left of February. I like how quick February is. It’s very much a “blink and it’s over” kind of month. I’m left feeling very refreshed and happy about 2019 so far. Things are going well for me, and I want that momentum to continue!

What have you been up to in February?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have