Skip to main content

Copycat the Cool Way #8

I think I have a new Saturday routine. Wake up, go to work, go to bed (because napping for 5-6 hours isn't actually a nap anymore), and then wake up and write blog posts. As I write this right now, I  have realized that I have misplaced my list for my monthly favourite post. I know I scribbled it on notes I was taking for a class, but I can't remember which class it was. Whoops. It was also one of those weeks where I forgot to take pictures the day of. So it all happened about half an hour ago. The thing I don't like about it is that you can't see the jewelry I was wearing or for this week, the shoes I was wearing. So I am sorry, and I will try to get better!

Tuesday- I was pretty excited to check the weather and see that it was kind of warm! Unfortunately, in transitional seasons, it is usually cold in the morning and HOT later. So you either get to freeze in the morning, or sweat later in the day. And of course, you have to take classroom temperatures which tend to be the opposite of what you want them to be. This outfit worked really well because I was able to take the cardigan off. I found this outfit through Pinterest, but it originally came from Campus Sartorialist, which is really awesome if you like Street Style posts.



Dress- H&M
Cardigan-






















Wednesday- This outfit it NOT what I planned. I did something really dumb and I basically poured coffee on myself. Thank God I had already had most of it, but I still ended up liking this outfit a lot. I got the inspiration from Seventeen Magazine. The plaid shirt I used for this outfit was my Grandpa's shirt, and as he has recently passed away, I felt close to him. I decided to wear my Grandma's ring this day too, so I had good feelings all day!

Floral Shirt- Forever 21
Jeans- Old Navy






















Thursday- I loved this outfit. I LOVED this outfit. I. Loved. This. Outfit. It made me feel pretty, and confident, and I actually put my contacts in and makeup on. It was inspired by Seersucker and Saddles which is a blog that will certainly make more appearances here. Her style is fantastic. Some actually told me that my outfits are "always on point," so that felt pretty amazing!























Friday- I originally got this skirt for my an Edwardian themed bridal shower. It has a slit in the side, but it's not uncomfortably sexy. I wasn't sure if I would wear it again because I wasn't sure how to style it. Then I found this outfit on Putting Me Together. It was the answer to my doubts! I liked the simplicity.

 






















I have a tip of the week for you: NEVER HAVE A SLEEPOVER ON A SCHOOL NIGHT. During O-week, I stayed at my friend Nicole's house. She happens to live with all boys. They are amazing, but a girl needs her girls! Sarah and I were around, so we had some lovely girl time. We were talking last week, and we were in some desperate need of more girl time. So Tuesday night happened. And it was amazing. But the pure exhaustion lasted all week. So no more school night sleepovers!

-Daniella
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav