Skip to main content

Copycat the Cool Way #12

So I have learned a valuable lesson this week. I really need to start writing things in advance. I also need to be more diligent about taking these copycat posts. I had an unexpectedly busy weekend with two last minute babysitting jobs and my sister requiring my help. Soooooooo, I need to take these pictures ahead of time so I can sit down in the hour I was home on Saturday and write this post when I was supposed to other than a few days late. I'm sorry. This has a slight affect on my schedule this week. I will write my regular Tuesday post on Wednesday, my monthly favourite post on Friday, and my copycat posts on Saturday. So there we go! Lots of posts this week!

Tuesday- I realize that this outfit really did not turn out the way I wanted it to. I tried. I really tried. But hey, things happen. I need grey pants. That's what I got out of this. I have also come to the realization that I need to configure all of my outfit ideas. I have pictures posted on a cork board in my room, saved on my computer, and pinned on my outfit board. I couldn't remember where it came from! It makes no sense. I finally figured out that is was from WhoWhatWear.

Denim shirt- Old Navy
Shirt- Winners
Pants- Old Navy
Boots- Wal-Mart




















Wednesday- If you are following me on Instagram, then you have already seen a picture of this outfit. And the caption is true. I fell in a river. The pants I am wearing in this picture are not the original pants because the others were all covered with mud. It happens. Maybe to only me, but it happens. This outfit was on the Tumbler blog Death by Elocution (which is a great name), but I found it on Pinterest originally.

Cardigan- Old Navy
T-Shirt- Old Navy
Jeans- Old Navy
Boots- Sorel





















Thursday- New favourite thing: cozy sweaters. I bought this sweater the day before and I simply had to wear it today. Thinking about cozy is making me happy. This is why I love fall. The idea is from Penny Pincher Fashion, and it is from an edit picture. It is the upper left corner of the full edit if you're curious. Also, I realized right about now that I did not actually wear these boots. The boots I wore are found on the Thursday outfit of this post. Don't you fear, I will have more cozy sweater outfits!

Scarf- Garage
Sweater- Roots
T-Shirt (underneath)- Target
Jeans- Old Navy
Boots- Sorel




















Bonus- My outfit on Friday was nothing special. I kept it simple with jeans and a red t-shirt out of respect for the Canadian soldier Nathan Cirillo that was shot last week in Ottawa (read about it here). Please remember this fallen hero as you go about your week. Anyway, I ended up going to my university's football game on Saturday, so I am sharing my outfit for that with you. It was a blast, but fall layering is of utmost important for being outside and siting down. I loved the way game layering was done on Seersucker & Saddles, so I made it my own! I was not too warm and not too cold. I loved the way that I could show off my purple without it being too in your face with spirit. I'm planning to go to the first final game next weekend, so GO STANGS!

Toque- University Bookstore
T-shirt- Last year's o-week
Plaid Button-up- Old Navy
Denim Jacket- Old Navy
Pants- Old Navy
Shoes- Converse





















Nails of the Week- It's back! I haven't done a nails of the week since April! This is Angora Cardi by Essie. I think is it a perfect fall colour.




















This weekend is Halloween, so I'm hoping that my costume will make it into this upcoming outfit post. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm dressing as.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have