Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- January 2015

You ever have those weekends where you set your alarm to wake up early to get stuff done because you have a busy weekend but then you end up sleeping with your alarm on for an hour? Yeah, me too. My plan was to do the monthly post on Saturday and then the outfit post on Sunday. It's Monday, so clearly that did not work. So the posts this week will go be monthly post on Monday, last week's outfit post on Wednesday, a product review on Friday, and this week's outfit post on Sunday.

But um, let's talk about how January is over. It went by so fast! I feel like I have accomplished very little. But it's been busy because I've had a midterm every week since the second week of school. Not busy I guess, but the work has been so steady. However, I do feel like I'm doing a good job with goal setting (more about that in a bit). Things are really about to pick up at school, and I need to stay on track and stay focused. My birthday is in a couple months, so I'm also in the middle of party planning with my best friend. I cannot wait!

1. Favourite Lush Product


















Anyone who knows me knows I love Lush. I have had great success with all the products I have tried. This one has been a particularly helpful one for me. I live in Canada. It's cold here. At the beginning of the month, I was on a ski trip, and the cold mixed with wind can be killer for the lips. Lip Service lip balm from Lush has been fantastic. I got my dad into it as well. I put it on only three times a day, and it keeps my lips luscious (he he) all day. I love it.

2. Favourite Beauty Product

















I just got into lipstick. I am obsessed. It adds so much to any outfit.  I have bought only Revlon products so far, and I don't think I want to try anything else! From left to right, the colours are Lovers Coral, Really Red, Black Cherry, and Spicy Cinnamon. My favourite is Spicy Cinnamon. I want to buy more, and I have the perfect plan to do that (read below).

3. Favourite Facial Product


 
I picked this up as a random buy at a discount store, and I love it so far! I've been using my Sundays as a spa day for myself and I decided to try face masks for fun. This mud mask by Absolute Care has been a good step into this product. I don't know if it's working, but it has made my skin feel so soft and radiant right after. I'm hoping to expand and buy/make more face masks.
 
4. Favourite Organizational Tool
 
I jokingly mentioned to my parents that we should reinstate the sticker boars we had as incentive to do chores. They laughed at me, but then I thought that it would be a good idea for me. I'm the kind of person that gets motivation from crossing things off lists and actually seeing my progress. Enter reinvented sticker board. I have white board tape and I decided to make a three-week chart because it takes 21 days to make a habit. As you can see, I have done through 8 days of completing my goals! I've been making small goals, and it has been working so well!
 
5. Favourite Spa Product
 
Has anyone seen the infomercial for this type of product? Well, real talk, I have horribly dry feet. Sorry. But I work at a pool and that does not do great things for supple skin. So this product has done wonders for me. It sloughs off the first few layers of skin and makes my heels feel softer. Add some foot cream to my bedtime routine and my feet have been better this month!
 
What does the next month have in store? Well. Valentine's Day. Ugh. And my mom's birthday (she won't let us forget it). And reading week!
 
What are you looking forward to?
 
 
-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have