Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- February 2015

I know this is coming to you late, but February went by so fast that it took me longer to figure out what my favourites were! I typically keep a list going, but this one was tricky. February was a good month though. I got spend a few days on a ski trip with my dad while I was on reading week, and I had some good nights out with friends. I also got really into party planning with Marlee, so things were really exciting! I also got some very exciting news (see #2) this month. For me February was more about keeping my eyes on the future.

1. Favourite App

[source]















It was back in my October favourites that I mentioned how much I love Instagram. That is even more true nowadays, and that is all thanks to VSCO Cam. At the moment, I have 16 edited pictures all ready for future Instagram use. And I swear not all of them are selfies! This app makes me feel like I have a hint of talent for photography because the editing tools really do work to enhance my pictures in a great way. My sister had suggested it to me after many tests of other apps. I trust her because she has high standards, and I have not been disappointed.

2. Favourite Moment

[source]














I had a teacher in grade 9 that spoke about England and schools in England with such passion that it became a dream of mine to go there to study myself. When I applied for universities, I looked for good exchange programs, and that's one of the reasons I chose where I am. In November, I handed in my application, anxiously awaiting for February for the news. And so, as of about two weeks ago, I got my official acceptance into the exchange program. Come this September, I will be going to Leeds Beckett University in Leeds, UK for the entire school year! Words cannot describe how ecstatic I am. I want to leave right now, but I will be patient for my new journey.

3. Favourite Movie

[source]













Do you have the one friend you always go to the movies with? My friend and I always choose the most random movies to go to. Some we hate (The Grand Budapest Hotel), some we surprisingly enjoy (Her), and some we laugh our pants off at. The Wedding Ringer fits into the latter category. And if you were a fan of Lost when it was on TV, then you will enjoy the last joke. And Kevin Hart is becoming a new kind of favourite for me!

4. Favourite Accessory



















I'm awful about wearing earrings, but I have managed to put these on quite a bit since my mom got them for me for Valentine's Day. These Halo CZ Stud Earrings from Avon are stunning, and they are currently on sale! I found that they opened my entire face up. And when it comes to jewellery, who doesn't love an extra bit of sparkle?

5. Favourite Comfort Item



















Apparently, this past February was the coldest February where I live. Not hard to believe at all. The thing is, I do not like wearing socks. I never have. So I have been wearing these Nuk Nuk slippers from Costco to combat the cold floors. They are comfortable and warm and I'm wearing them right now. Enough said.

That's my February! This coming March, I have a lot to do. I have essays due like crazy. I'm finishing this post up as a break from my work. However, the end of the month brings cause for celebration as it is both my birthday, and Marlee's! We are doing one fancy schmancy wine and cheese party like adults, and I could not be more excited for it! I just need to get through the next three weeks...

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav