Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- May 2015

May was an interesting month where I did a whole lot of nothing. However, a few things have been getting me through the events of the month. Getting this list together is amusing to me because I can tell exactly what I've been doing. I keep a list going on my white board of all my favourites, so a few of these items become irrelevant by the time I sit down to write this. But this is like a reminiscing thing I can do every month. I love these posts!

1. Straws




















I want to add jars to this too. My sister and I found large mason jars and have since been drinking out of them. I am also a firm believer that everything tastes better when drinking through a straw. I don't know why that is, but I know that when I have my own place, straws will be a staple. This picture is from a smoothie I made, but I am all about water recently. As a side note, I've been trying to drink more water to try to be healthy.

2. Cheerleader by OMI (Felix Jaehn edit)

















Oh my God this song is my jam! My sister and I found this one hour loop and I'm not lying when I say we've been through it more than once. My friend originally showed me the song, and it is the greatest for a pump up for going out. I want to add that the Felix Jaehn edit is really important because Brianne and I heard the original and it was just NOT the same! We love this edit because it is so well done that you can't tell when the song switches over. Brilliant.

3. Roots Purse

 




















I got this purse about a year ago, and I have been loving it this month. I think I have morphed into that mom with the bottomless purse. I currently have a microphone, chocolate chips, and Catchphrase in it. I know, it's weird.  But it has been way too easy to just throw everything into it and pick it up when I've been out and about. It is a fantastic size, and I love anything Roots!

4. HeyUsa













If you need a good laugh, check out this webseries. If you've been reading for a while, you'll know that I love Grace Helbig on YouTube. Last year, her and best friend Mamrie Hart filmed a travelling show. This summer, Mamrie went with other YouTubers because Grace was so busy, but Grace chose the locations. My particular favorite was Mamrie and Tyler Oakley in Las Vegas. Check it out.

5. Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Spray




















Sorry about the quality of this picture. I had some issues with the good camera. Since I cut my hair last month, I have been putting a lot of effort into doing my hair. I have loved curling my hair, and this product is amazing for it. It is primarily a texturizing spray, but it also works as a dry shampoo and hairspray as well. My hair is thin and does not hold curls well, but this spray has been amazing. I believe you can only get it at hair Salons, and you can locate the nearest store on their website.


There was my month! June will be full of work. I have no significant plans thus far. We'll see what favourites come out of this month.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav