Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- September 2015

I knew it was going to take a while for me to settle in and get to a routine. That being said, I completely could have written a couple posts ahead of time to make sure you all weren't left in the dust. But we're over it. Aaaaaand guess who got sick again while being in Leeds for ONE WEEK. This girl! Much like my situation in March, I also had another hospital visit. So a couple of these have to do with that. But here we go!

1. Neck Pillow


I'm one of those people who is out as soon as we're off. I had two flight to Leeds, and I slept the entire second flight. As soon as we were in the air, I was asleep, and I didn't wake up until the plane hit the ground. My dad, knowing this about me, decided to buy me a neck pillow because let's face it, sleeping upright takes a toll on your neck. Newsflash: life changer. I'm not kidding. I have never slept more comfortably on transportation.

2. Leeds

I love it here. I LOVE it here. It is so beautiful, and I can't believe I am lucky enough to be here for the next 8 months. The buildings are amazing. The sidewalks are amazing (although I need to start counting how many times a day I trip). The people are amazing. I took this picture during an early morning walk to the Post Office. I am trying not to look like a tourist while I'm here, so the pictures have been minimal so far. But oh well. I feel so at home here. It is incredible.

3. My Parents


I don't know where to start. My parents have been through so much this month. My sister and I both left for university. My sister is a couple hours away, and I'm across an ocean. I couldn't possibly understand how hard that is on them. On top of that, I get sick and have to go to the hospital ten days after I arrive. I had a breakdown at the hospital after a painful procedure that became less about the pain and more about the fact that I didn't have my parents with me. But they woke up at four in the morning and stayed in contact with me all day. I could not tell you how thankful I am for their support. I love them, I miss them, and I am so appreciative of the way they raised me.

4. Secret pH Balanced baby powder Deodorant


My hospital visit in Leeds ended up being my first overnight experience. I was ill prepared. My roommates are amazing and managed to bring me some of my stuff but it's so hard to remember everything you need. Like deodorant for the next day. But this stuff is so good that it managed to last into the next day . Grace Helbig on YouTube is a huge fan of deodorant and has some in all the places you could possibly put it like your car or purse . I really should have taken that hint a while ago. I know I have written about other Secret deodorant before, and I really am a huge fan of the brand. It works people.

5. Solid Food


So I'm dealing with acute tonsillitis. Which means there has not been a lot of room in my mouth to eat. It was horrible. I couldn't talk or swallow without a lot of pain. And now, I am so thankful for solid food. My roommates parents (the sweetest people ever) bought me these cheesy scones, and I had one with soup today. Also, cheese. Obviously. But here's a funny story: I keep forgetting that there still isn't a lot of room in my mouth. I keep taking normal sized bites and finding myself unable to swallow all of it because of these swollen tonsils.

So this month wasn't planned out well. I usually have my list going on a whiteboard in my room, but I'm not quite in Canada now am I? We'll see how this is going to work out in the next little while. I have a book review coming up for this Saturday, and I'm not too sure where to go from there. No worries, I will figure it out!

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav