16 Things in 2016
I guess it has been a while. I needed some time. I don’t know what it was, but last term was difficult. I know it happens to everyone. This seemed to be an epidemic (which I’m telling you right now is an over-exaggeration). I thought that maybe it had something to do with coming back from a year abroad or “senior-itis.” As it turns out, it wasn’t just me – it was everyone. It didn’t matter what year they were in, or what program they were in, but everyone had a rough time. As I found out near the end of December, one of my professors mentioned that students seemed to be more “on edge” this year.
This term is so far so good. I’ve been working out every day (save for a few where I had a nasty cold), and I’m relatively on top of my work. I cut down my hours at the pool so I can manage my time better. I still have a few things to touch up, but I’m feeling better. To start off a new year of blogging, I’m going to do a little reflection on last year. Yes, I’m aware that it is the middle of January. Anyway, I think it was the coolest year of my life. On a global scale, it will go down in history as one of the worst years. Personally, I think it was one of the most monumental. This isn’t anything deep. My sister came up with this idea with her friends in 2015, and she brought it to our family this year (last year?). So here it is: 16 things in 2016.
1. I went to five different countries (France, England, Ireland, Scotland, and Canada).
2. I booked a hotel for the first time by myself.
3. I booked plane tickets for the first time.
4. I hiked through the Yorkshire Dales.
5. I went to the Canadian war memorial in France.
6. I saw the British seaside.
7. I did the most difficult walk of my life up Arthur’s Seat.
8. I got to have a beer with my sister for the first time.
9. I hosted a bachelorette party (and this will be the only picture surfacing from that).
10. I stood in my best friend’s wedding.
11. I was an Assistant Pool Manager (this is the pool cat we named Cairn).
12. I sophed for my final o-week.
13. I celebrated Brianne’s 19th birthday.
14. I had the best visitor from England.
15. I did a winery tour.
16. I got to see Walk Off the Earth twice.
That was my 2016! It has been absolutely amazing to see what I did last year. I hope this year will be just as eventful and exciting.
What did you do in 2016?