Skip to main content

Goals for Autumn - Update


Guess who has been absolutely nailing adult life lately? It’s me! I am so proud of myself for what I have accomplished lately. A big moment for me was when I actually bounced back from a few days of setback. One of my biggest issues is that when I go off-track, I tend to stay off track. From Tuesday-Friday last week, I did not fulfil my daily duties. On Saturday, I went right back on board with everything. It’s a big deal for me. It means routines are really being established.

Since my last post about my goals, I have really used the time I had left in the summer and post-surgery to the better myself. This is all about my updates.

1.       Read. A lot. Updated: Read One Book a Week.

I have exceeded my goal of reading nine books in the summer. I am so happy that I signed up for Goodreads to keep track of and review the books I read. It’s just another platform to connect with like-minded people!


Now, about this update. At the moment, I’m reading 100 pages a night. That is not going to be sustainable as I start my working life. I read right before bed, and sleep is too important to my well-being. I will obviously keep reading, but I’ll be reading one book a week instead.

2.       Journal

I have been so great at journaling lately. I did mess up last week, as I mentioned above, but other than that, I haven’t missed many days. In fact, I’m almost at the end of my journal! I’m not entirely convinced that it has become a routine yet (I often “catch up” on journaling the next morning), so it is staying on my list until I do it every day in between my goals updates.


3.       Creative Writing

I am getting better at this one! I decided I really wanted to make this a part of my schedule. So, on Saturdays, I grab my writing notebook, set up in front of my herb garden, pick a writing prompt from Pinterest and then set out to write something small. It has been fun the past couple of weeks. Keep an eye out – I’ll be sharing some later this month.

4.       Exercise

I am happy to say that this is the most consistent I have ever been with working out. Since I moved to Leeds, I’ve missed only a handful of days. I have been feeling great. There was a small issue with a gym a signed up for where it ended up being too far away for me to walk. Unfortunately, I know this will be a barrier for me. As soon as I get my finances sorted, I will be joining the gym that is a five-minute walk from my house.

5.       Blog 3x/week and write posts ahead of schedule.

Well, we can’t say I have been stellar at this. I should have written 12 posts since my last update, and I’ve written seven. However, I did write last week’s posts and this week’s posts ahead of time. Hey, improvement is improvement!


6.       Give up soy.

I am giving up on this goal. My snack options were too limited, and I didn’t want to create an extra hassle when I eat out. However, my skin has been looking a lot better lately, and I think that’s because of the face wash I’ve been using.

7.       Drink 3L of water a day.

I’m off and on with this goal. If I really stick my mind to it, I always nail it. I think it will be a lot easier when I’m working.



8.       New goal: Learn Italian.
I briefly mentioned this in my August monthly favourites. I’ve been using the Duolingo app to help me learn Italian. It has been so much fun so far, and I really want to keep it up every day. Maybe it can be my “chill” time when I get home from work. I haven’t thought about how it will fit into my days, but it is certainly a goal of mine.

I think I can really look at that and be proud of what I have done. This next month will put my routines to the test. I’ve started work this week, so I know I will be more tired and less likely to want to do everything every day.

I’ve inputted all my goals in Any.do (also mentioned in my monthly favourites), and it has been keeping me on track so much. I will be heavily relying on that this month.

That’s all for me! Wish my luck going into this new work month!

What routines and goals are you hoping to establish for fall?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav