Skip to main content

December Goals

Did I skip my outfit post on Saturday? Yes, yes I did. I had some personal things going on last week, and I wasn’t quite in the right state of mind to take the time to do a blog post. My apologies! I have since decided that I’m just going to do last week’s outfit post this week. And since I’ll be out of outfits starting next week since classes are finishing, that means you have one extra week of posts! So no complaints right? I also got a nasty sounding cough out of nowhere, so I’m hoping it doesn’t result in a full blown sickness. That is not what I need when it is coming down to finals. I mean, I have three papers due next week. We’ll see how things go.

[source]
I made a plan for today’s post, but I want to share something different. December is coming up. It’s in less than a week. Seeing as I have only one exam, I want to focus my time on me. I can feel myself losing focus and motivation and myself in general. I haven’t been taking the time I need to recharge. I’m behind on work, and I’m not enjoying school as much as I used to. This is real talk time. No one is perfect, but that doesn’t mean we can’t strive to be the best versions of ourselves. So I have a plan. I’m giving myself five simple steps for success in December. I say simple because I have a bigger goal in my mind, but if I try to accomplish the bigger goal first, then I will become overwhelmed. So I am keeping it simple. Here we go:

1.       Workout

My dad and my sister have been on my back about getting my legs ready for an upcoming ski trip. And they have a point. I should be working out my legs this month. And I should be working out in general. So my goal here is to work out my legs as well as my arms because I feel like that’s important too.  The thing is, I hate working out. I refuse to be around people because I am uncomfortable and sometimes, I cry. I’ll be taking small steps and figure out how to do it.

2.       Paint my Nails

This is part of the “take care of myself” thing. I have so much nail polish, and I find it so calming to paint my nails, but I have not done it at all. My nails look awful, and I miss the polish! So I intend to bring it back to a weekly schedule and have some me time.

3.       Catch Up on Notes

I am so behind on my notes. I planned to copy out my notes to make them legible, but I have been slacking on it. I know that once I clean up the notes that are littered around my room, my mind will be a little clearer as well. It will also put me in a good place once January rolls around.

4.       Go to Bed Early

I am awful at going to bed early. It is currently 11:46 pm, and I still need to shower and get ready for bed. Case in point. I want to actually put an effort forward to go to bed early so I can wake up early and get stuff done.

5.       Plan Ahead

It’s not just that I don’t do this. It’s that I don’t stick to it. Or I plan ahead unrealistically and I spend too much time on things that don’t matter as much. For example, I want to write out my blog posts ahead of time. I know what I’m writing about. Just not when I actually write them.

So there are my December goals. I have written them down and published them on the Internet, so I need to put forth a conscious effort to make it happen. Wish me luck!

What tips do you have for refocusing your life?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav