Skip to main content

Summer Plans


The last time I did a post like this (read it here), it was all about me changing my life. And to an extent, I did. I certainly became better at checking my emails and I’ve been more conscious about working out.

Actually, right after I wrote that post, I was excellent with my routine. I can’t remember what disturbed it, but I’m sure it was something that shouldn’t have.

Anyway, I’m kind of in the same boat again. I’ve said it to literally everyone I know (I wish that wasn’t an exaggeration but it is and I’m sorry that you all have to read it again), but this is my last summer of perfect freedom. After this, I enter the world of work and I’m moving in with my boyfriend. From now on, I get less opportunity to make my life the way I want it to be.

What I’m really trying to say is that this summer is all about ME. I’m going to get my routines down solid now. I’m going to become the person I want to be. Here are my plans:

1.       Read. A lot.

So far, I’ve read four books. My goal is to read at least nine more.

At the rate I’m currently going, I’ll have eight more books done by the end of the month.

Reading is the base of who I am as a person. I want to make it part of my evening routine – without fail.


2.       Journal

I am so ashamed at how poorly I did with journaling this past year. It is always a treat to look back at my adventures.

I want to make sure I’m recording all of my thoughts and anxieties because it really does help me release at the end of the day.

3.       Creative WeHere riting.

At the end of the year, my uni tutor gifted the class with notebooks that we are meant to write in. She told us that we, as English teachers, must write as much as we read.

The last time I did a piece of creative writing was on this very blog (check it out here). I decided to join up with Marlee (check out her blog here) to do a weekly writing challenge. I’ve made a board on Pinterest to help us out, and we’re going to start it soon!

4.       Exercise!

I need to get this down consistently. I also need to do more than yoga. It has been so hot here, so swimming is the greatest way to do it. I just need to, you know, do it.

Out of the past 7 days, I’ve been active for 6 of them. I’m doing well! Let’s just keep it up!

5.       Blog three times a week.

I know! That is a BIG goal for me considering I could barely keep up with twice a week this year. I will still be posting my regular two days a week, but I am dedicating Thursdays to book reviews only. I have so many notes from books that I can’t possibly use regular days to keep up. I’m actually really looking forward to it because writing book reviews is one of my favourite things to write!



6.       Give up soy.

This seems odd, but hear me out. I am allergic to soy. I’ve known this forever. However, soy is in everything. I still eat it, but I’ll avoid things like soy milk and tofu.

Why am I giving it up? I think it will help my skin. My skin is the one thing I’m self-conscious about. I hate the way it looks. I’m 23 years old; why do I still have the acne of a teenager?

An allergy is your body seeing something as a toxin and acne is your body getting rid of toxins. See the connection?

I still need to sit down and plan out the logistics, but I’m planning to cut out soy this summer.

7.       Getting my tonsils out.

This has been a long time in the making. In a couple of weeks, I will be rid of these pesky things. My life is going to improve so much.

Let’s put it this way: you know how your tonsils get all swollen when you get sick? That’s what mine look like when they’re normal. When I get a cold, I end up in the hospital because I can’t breathe.

I am really looking forward to this surgery even though the recovery process will be hell. I’m not sure what to expect, so if you have any suggestions PLEASE let me know.

That’s all for now! I have all of these goals written down and out in the universe now. I’m feeling really good and happy and not stressed at all. I do believe I can accomplish this.

If you have any tips about these goals, please leave me a comment! What are your summer plans?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav