Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites - February 2020


After the drag of January, I love that February goes by so quickly. It went by so quickly, in fact, that I didn’t even realise that it was time for my monthly favourites – hence the day late post.

For me, February has been very busy. I’ve barely recovered from my week of travel. I have no regrets about the experiences, but I definitely missed out on the rest that was so desperately needed.
Anyway, this is what I’ve been up to this month!

1.      Crystal Maze


This was a work event, and it was amazing. My work is so thoughtful that they consider the fact that January is awful and instead of giving us a CPD where we have to listen to people talk for hours on end, they got us involved in team-building activities. A company came in to run this based on a popular TV show here in the UK. I had so much fun, and my team even came in second! It was definitely a highlight of the month.

2.      Belgium


I was lucky enough to go to Belgium for a school trip. It was a trip based on a book about war that the pupils in Y7 read. For me, this trip was shocking. Canada was a part of WWI, but it didn’t happen on our land. It was moving for me to see where the famous battles actually happened. One of the most interesting parts for me was seeing the holes in the ground where bombs and grenades fell. It wasn’t a fun and exciting trip like others have been, but it was a highlight for cultural reasons.

3.      Berlin


The day after I got back from Belgium (not kidding - immigration questioned me on it both in and out of Germany), I left for Berlin with some friends. This was also a very cultural trip. From the East Side Gallery, to bars, to seeing the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, to going to the top of the Cathedral, it was a trip full of interesting sights. One of my friends is also a history teacher, so we got the full tour. Stay tuned for a futurepost on both Berlin and Belgium.

4.      Taskmaster Game


For Christmas, Matt got me this “board” game based on one of our favourite TV shows. As you can see by the picture, it’s a bit random. The tasks are set all over the house, so our place ended up in a bit of a mess afterwards, but I cannot stress enough how much fun we all had. I’m trying to plan another game night as an excuse to play this wacky game.

5.      Fanny Pack (Bum Bag)


I absolutely love fanny packs. I used to wear them when I was a soph during O-Week university, but I never found a chance to wear them again. I know they’re in style at the moment, but there is NO WAY I can pull off the slung over your shoulder vibe. Not me. Now, I use it for travel. It frees up my hands, and I’m not worried about getting pickpocketed. Also, it fits my EpiPens so bonus!

March will be fun. It’s my birthday a few weeks in, and the weather will hopefully be getting better. I’m also going to spend a lot of time this month planning for more trips next month. I have one on the cards and two more to work on.

What did you do in February?

-Daniella
c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav