Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites - September 2019

I was about to say that September had flown by but I feel like I say that every month. I think that’s the nature of teaching – everything just goes by in the blink of an eye. I know it’s only a month into the year, but I truly feel like this is going to be a good one.

        It’s amazing what a difference a year can make. I’ve approached this year with so much more confidence in my ability. I haven’t cried yet, and I’m adjusting to new teaching hours to the best of my ability. Keep an eye out for my next post when I (once again) go through my new life goals that are helping me bridge that ever delicate balance between work and life.

        I had no lack of things that are my favourites this month. If I didn’t put a limit of myself, I think this list would have stretched to 10 things!

1.      Beekman Cleansing Face Wipes


I am an adult that has worse skin now compared to when I was a teenager. The blemishes that make war on the face of every hormonal teenager simply did not reach me. Now, they do.

This became a particular problem for me when I became a teacher. I needed to set my face apart from the teenagers who have the same skin as me. I have tried so many things and my mom gave me these wipes this summer. THEY. ARE. AMAZING. I’m currently using the Vanilla ones and they make my face smell so good.

As you can see, my skin looks so much better. I’ve stopped washing my face and using extra stuff on my skin. I still use face masks but that’s it! I’m so happy about these results, and I’m starting to suggest them to other people. I was concerned about the plastic aspect, but they are fully biodegradable. Ultimately, I want to stop wearing makeup, and I feel like I’ll be able to get to that point in the next month or so. Wish me luck!

2.      L-Theanine


I was kindly gifted this vitamin supplement for free in exchange for a review, but it has become a new must-have. I’m definitely someone that struggles with focus and motivation. Since taking this vitamin, I found a huge difference in my ability to sit down and get a bunch of stuff (aka marking) done all in one shot.

A co-worker told me that I only work in extremes. I’ve either had the worst day ever or the best day. L-Theanine is supposed to be good for anxiety and while I don’t have anxiety, I very much get in my own head and tend to dwell on every event of the day; this is what leads to the extreme days. Since taking L-Theanine, I’ve learned to appreciate the mundane. I think my learning happens in the extremes but my life happens in the mundane.

3.      Eyelash Curler


I’ve always been terrified of eyelash curlers since I met a girl who accidentally cut her eyelashes off when using one. Well, I got one in a GlossyBox (click here if you want 20% off your first subscription), and I am so impressed with the results. It has become part of my daily routine, and I think it makes my eyelashes look amazing.

4.      Goathland


Last weekend, Matt and I went on a little day trip to take advantage of the last bit of nice weather. He has always wanted to take me to Goathland because of the steam trains. Now, I’ve never seen a steam train before and it was so cool. It did the full “woot woot” sound and paired with the chugging along the tracks, I was in awe.

To top it all off, the station is the Hogsmeade train station from Harry Potter! It was all truly magical.

5.      Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Formula


I am lucky enough to have been gifted this along with the L-Theanine. This formula works almost too well. I put it on my nails once a week and notice the growth within a few days. I’m someone who likes to keep my nails short, and I’ve had to cut my nails once a week as a result. I’ve also found that my nails are stronger and smoother.

If your nails are in need of some TLC, I highly suggest this product.

Some honourable mentions: starting work always makes me happy, I paid off the last of my debts and can finally budget the way I want to, I’ve had some amazing friend hangouts, I’ve been watching a lot of good TV, and I’ve received some good recognition at work.

As for October, I don’t have a lot planned. This might be the year I do a “Friendsgiving.” I’ve been inspired by Paperless Post to create a little get together for the month. I don’t have my family here in the UK, so it would be nice to celebrate the family I’ve made here. I may just go for it!

What have been your favourites of the month? Any big plans for October? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav