Skip to main content

Summer 2020 in Pictures

            I’ve been very lucky this summer. When I moved back home at the end of May, it was like the good weather was welcoming me back. We had three solid months from June-August of wonderful, hot weather.

It has been amazing to look back at my pictures to see what I have been doing and what I haven’t yet shared in previous posts. Enjoy!

First of all, I have to mention how much reading I have been doing! I’ve been reading all kinds of books, but this is my latest one. It’s the newest kid lit from Amy Timberlake. The illustrations are adorable, and the story is so cute. It only came out this week, but I cannot wait to buy copies of it for reading to the kids in my life. It is humorous and meaningful. A review on it will come later, but I can definitely suggest you buy it now. Thanks to Algonquin Press for the free copy in exchange for promotion!


I have been dedicating a lot of my free time to learning. I mentioned the Indigenous Canada course in my August favourites, but I’ve also been taking other courses. I love learning so much. I miss the classroom setting and being part of discussion about literature. There are so many free MOOCs (massive online open course) out there for all kinds of interests. I’m sticking to literature for now, but maybe I’ll get into something I’ve been interested in but never studied.


I have loved all of the quality time I got to have with my sister in the beginning. Now that we’re both back at work, we don’t have all that much time together anymore. We did so much from working out to reading to movie nights. We haven’t been home together in the summer for four years, and this definitely made up for it.

I’ve been doing some cooking and baking this summer! Brianne and I have a friend group with another pair of sisters that we used to dance with. We decided to make each other food and serve it on a weekly basis. Now that we’re all working, those weekly get-togethers are rare, but it was such a fun thing to do.

Well, I love the pool. I already miss the long hours of reading and relaxation now that the weather is getting colder. I also got a few new cute bathing suits at the beginning of summer because I know that I’m in the pool all the time.

One of my part time jobs is pretty much around the corner from where I live. I get an hour lunch break so one day, Brianne biked to where I work and we had a little picnic outside. It was really cute and it was such a nice way to break up my day.

I have been loving my breakfasts lately. There’s nothing better than slow mornings and big breakfasts. I’ll take the time to make eggs benedict or cut up fruit for yogurt. I’ll sip on a cup of coffee while I watch Netflix in the morning. What a way to wake up!

This picture is one of my favourites because it encompasses so many things I love: being outside, sitting by the pool, iced coffee, and hot dogs in the summer. Also, my family loves corn on the cob so much. During corn season, we buy so much of it.

This brings me so much joy. Who doesn’t love snail mail? I didn’t leave my workplace in the most expected way. I was planning the rent a bar where I could host a party where everyone I love could come and say goodbye. There was so much left unsaid, so I ended up writing everyone a letter to tell them what I would have wanted to say. I know it made them happy, and it was a great experience for me.

There have been some amazing sunsets this summer. This one was just a few weeks ago when my sister and I were waiting to be picked up from dance. I love the backdrop of downtown with this.

The OTHER place I work part time at is right beside my family’s favourite pizza place. When I got a text from my dad telling me to pick up an order for us for dinner, I had to make sure the good were stored correctly. Hence, seatbelt.

Summer has been wonderful. I’m home. I’m putting down my roots. Things are coming together at last. I can’t wait to see what is coming next.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav