Skip to main content

My Favourite Podcasts - 2020

     For someone who literally only listens to podcasts, I’m shocked that I have not done an updated podcast list. I suggest podcasts to everyone and I’m always listening to new ones to see if I can add more to my collection (I’ve only just got on to January 2020 podcasts). I still listen to all the podcasts I wrote about in 2018, but there are new ones now that I always look forward to listening to.

Back in 2018, I liked conversational, friendly podcasts. I still look for that, but my interests have changed slightly. I now like learning new things and listening to activist podcasts. I prefer ones that make me laugh. I want to get to know people’s stories. This list consists of my current favourites.

1.      This Might Get Weird

In the last podcasts list, I mentioned that I liked Grace Helbig’s podcast. Since then, she started a new podcast with her best friend, Mamrie Hart. I love this podcast because they always have the most interesting stories that make me laugh out loud. It really does feel like I’m sitting with two friends.

2.      The Guilty Feminist

This one was a recommendation from a friend. It’s a comedy podcast that has interviews with activists, comedians, and – you guessed it – feminists. I love this because it takes the conversations we have about females and the issues they face and makes it funny and reminds us that it’s universal. It also enlightens us about different issues that face women around the world.

3.      You’re Wrong About


This podcast is run by the same people that did Mob Queens (a favourite I wrote about back in March). This one takes major events in history (so far, it has only been US history) and examines and pulls apart the way the media presented the event. I’ve been deep into the way the women were represented in the OJ Simpson trial. I love the conversation about language use and the manipulation tactics that affect us all. My dad thinks they ramble too much but it’s something I find keeps things interesting.

4.      Confidently Insecure

Kelsey Darraugh is probably one of my favourite people on the Internet. She’s a loud, potty mouthed, truly authentic person who is outspoken about literally everything. Her podcast is born out of the notion that she doesn’t know anything but is curious about everything. She’s talked about sobriety, sexuality, environment, chronic pain, her relationship, overlooked women in history, fashion, and anything that strikes her fancy. You have no idea what the podcasts topic is going to be about, so it’s always a surprise. I love it.

5.      The High Low

Out of all the podcasts I listen to, this is the only one that I am fully up to date on. It’s a pop culture podcast so it needs to stay relevant. Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes are British women that analyze the weekly news and talk about everything from media to books. I’ve written down a lot of book suggestions from them before. They seem to have different opinions to me and their critical take on pop culture always makes me consider all sides of an argument.

               Despite all of these favourite podcasts, I’m struggling to find one my dad and I can listen to. He doesn’t like swearing and he likes things that are straight to the point. If anyone has any suggestions for  that, please let me know!

                Needless to say, I definitely have a type of podcast. I don’t know why I like them over music, but it certainly makes time pass a lot quicker. I think it’s the perfect thing to listen to when working out or walking or commuting or cleaning. Comment below and tell me what podcasts (if any) you like listening to. I’d love new suggestions!

-        Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav